Associations
Feb. 19th, 2026 10:18 amFor some reason, the last two weeks since I had to have Juna put down, I've been thinking about Poe a lot.
This time last year, and the year before, I was thinking about them all the time and it was incredibly painful, a hollow ache, a gaping hole inside of me because of what they did, but now it's just... a vaguely aching kind of nostalgia, I guess. It's hard to explain, but it's like I'm numb now.
I think possibly the reason I'm thinking about them so much right now is because they always really liked Juna, so I associate them to a certain extent. Doesn't help that my room is still full of reminders of them; artwork and plushies and knickknacks that they sent me over the time that we were friends, for holidays and just randomly. I packed away a bunch of stuff, but there's still some around, so...
I don't know. My life the last couple of weeks has been sad for more than one reason...
This time last year, and the year before, I was thinking about them all the time and it was incredibly painful, a hollow ache, a gaping hole inside of me because of what they did, but now it's just... a vaguely aching kind of nostalgia, I guess. It's hard to explain, but it's like I'm numb now.
I think possibly the reason I'm thinking about them so much right now is because they always really liked Juna, so I associate them to a certain extent. Doesn't help that my room is still full of reminders of them; artwork and plushies and knickknacks that they sent me over the time that we were friends, for holidays and just randomly. I packed away a bunch of stuff, but there's still some around, so...
I don't know. My life the last couple of weeks has been sad for more than one reason...